Mid-America Christian University Announces Convenient Summer Courses Offered On Campus and Online
(Oklahoma City, Okla.) Mid-America Christian University (MACU.edu) College of Arts and Sciences is pleased to announce the 2013 Summer School Schedule featuring convenient on-campus and online formats. Summer School at MACU offers students and their families the added advantage of reduced tuition rates—a total savings of 50% with no added fees.
MACU Summer School on campus and online classes are open to the general public and present an exceptional opportunity for new and current students to pursue required general education courses at a significant savings.
A total of 12 courses are being offered across two summer terms. Summer Term I is offered on campus, along with special dorm and meal plan rates, if needed. Summer Term II is offered completely online. Below is a listing of the courses offered each term.
Summer Term I, May 6-17, 2013
Four classes are offered during Summer Term I and will meet in classrooms on the Mid-America Christian University main campus at 3500 SW 119th St., Oklahoma City for two weeks.
Morning Classes meeting 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. include:
- BINT 1223 Introduction to the Bible—David Harrison, instructor
- COMM 1103 Fundamentals of Public Speaking—Jeremy Roddy, instructor
- ENGL 2503 American Literature–Before 1865)—Mark Harris, instructor
Afternoon Class—1:00 to 5:00 p.m.
- HIST 2103 American History—Daniel Clark, instructor
Special room and meal plan rates are offered during Summer Term I for students who opt to stay on campus, May 6-17. Room rates are $150 ($75/week). Meal plans are $65 (lunch only) or $115 (lunch and dinner).
Summer Term II offers both six-week and eight-week courses completely online.
Six-Week Courses—Online— May 20-June 28, 2013
- SOCI 1103 Introduction to Sociology—Dr. DeSecottier, instructor
- PSYC 1103 Introduction to Psychology—Dr. DeSecottier, instructor
- POLS 1103 National Government—Daniel Clark, instructor
- MATH 2503 Business Math—Carol Fowlkes, instructor
- ENGL 2603 American Literature Survey Since 186—Mark Harris, instructor
- MUSIC Individual Voice, Piano, and Guitar Lessons—Arrange Schedule with Instructor
Eight-Week Courses—Online--May 20–July 12, 2013
- MATH 1513 College Algebra—Carol Fowlkes, instructor
- ENGL 1103 English Comp I—Mark Harris, instructor